June 16, 2008

Time To Shave


I don't like to shave. I probably shave 4 times a week on average. It's definitely in style not to shave. I'm thankful for that trend. But, something happened the other day that has caused me to shave more. I was out with a few others in the neighborhoods around our church inviting kids to an upcoming children's festival. Well, I came upon a bunch of kids playing football (soccer) in the street. I started talking with one of them and a bunch of them came over to see what was going on. All of a sudden a Babushka (grandma, but that word just doesn't do her justice) comes out and gives me the meanest look you could ever imagine! Then one of the kids ran up to her and showed her the invitation that I had given him. When she saw the invitation, I could see the relief come over her face! I went over to her and she told me that she was very glad that I was just giving out invitations and not drugs. She then told me that she was sure I was a drug dealer/user when she first saw me. So that's why I'm shaving more these days... Oh, and Babushka did bring her grandson to church the next day.

3 comments:

Danny and Liese said...

the old Boston hat probably didn't help either...

Anonymous said...

drug dealer hmmm........

Anonymous said...

I never thought of that before. That could probably apply to the way we dress too.